Although it might not seem as important as sterilizing surfaces and bathrooms, your home or business’ carpet is an area that deserves regular cleaning and care. We’ve put together a list of the Top 10 Reasons to Care About Your Carpet, and why it’s worth spending a little extra time taking care of it.
- Allergies – regular vacuuming is one of the very best things you can do to reduce indoor allergens. Vacuuming one time a week isn’t enough, especially in high foot traffic areas and buildings with pets. We recommend you thoroughly vacuum your floors twice a week, for most residences, and every day for businesses and homes with pets.
- Asthma – regular vacuuming and professional cleaning can also improve air quality for those who have asthma or other lung conditions. The American Academy of Asthma and Immunology suggests, and we couldn’t agree more, that allergy and asthma sufferers should keep on top of their carpet vacuuming and ensure your vacuum cleaner is equipped with a HEPA filter.
- Skin Conditions – dirty carpets can also negatively affect people with skin issues and can cause these issues to flare up. In addition, the harsh chemicals found in store-bought carpet cleaners can also cause severe reactions in people with skin issues and asthma.
- Mold – Mold can not only make your carpet smell bad, but it can also cause health problems. NACHI provides a list of carpet mold symptoms, although it’s not always easy to tell, and warns about the dangers of letting mold set in. If you suspect you have mold in or under your carpet, call in a professional for help.
- Mites and Bugs – regular carpet care will also cut down on dust mites and other bugs that might live in and settle into your carpet. The steam used in many carpet cleaning methods is hot enough to kill dust mites and it’ll also help remove other allergens from the carpet.
- Smell – routine carpet care will improve the overall smell and freshness of your space.
- Stains – taking care of stains as soon as they happen will keep them from becoming permanent.
- Easy Cleaning – the more you clean your carpet, the easier it will become. Carpets that have been ignored take a lot of time and energy to remove the dirt, dust, and debris that built up over time.
- Carpet Lifespan – cleaning your carpets will make them last longer.
- Enhances Appearance – fresh and clean carpets will improve the overall appearance of your space. When people enter your home or place of business, they may not necessarily notice clean carpets, but they will certainly notice dirty, smelly carpets.
We’ve briefly covered some of the reasons why you take care of your carpet. Keep in mind that even if you are meticulous about vacuuming your carpet, you will still need to have it cleaned by a professional at least once a year. Having someone professionally clean your carpet every 6-12 months will make a huge difference in the overall appearance and life expectancy of your carpet.
We use a hot water extraction method, which thoroughly cleans carpets without using any harsh chemicals. It also uses much less water than other methods, which means your carpet will dry faster. We are a specialist Boynton Beach carpet cleaning company so why not contact us to schedule your maintenance or deep cleaning today!